Image Map

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

School Library Month Shelf Challenge 2013 - Part Five

I'm finally finished! I finished the W's over the weekend, but Ms. Smarty-pants wanted to do WXYZ. (I didn't want to stop in the middle of a shelf. hmmmmm.) The last of my W's ended with Something Beautiful by Sharon Dennis Wyeth. The title says it all. It was the sweetest thing. (I'm thinking that with my best southern drawl....) Great story to remind us to find our own beautiful things inside.

I have no X's so that one was easy. I have a few Y's.  My favorite Y author was hands down Jane Yolen. I just love her. I found a few that I hadn't read. Shame on me! Piggins was a hit with my love for great mysteries.  Miz Berlin Walks, oh my, just a great story about an elderly lady and death. The last of my Yolen finds was Grandad Bill's Song. Ok, I cried. This is a great story about dealing with the death of a loved one. I had to stop and think of my own granddaddy who died when I was in the 6th grade. I still have the best memories.


From the Z shelf I found Charlotte Zolotow's I Know a Lady. I'm pretty sure I've read this one before. It was still a great story. James Stevenson's illustrations were perfect. Don't know what it was with reading about old people today. Wonder if that's a hint. I turn 47 in a few days.....

I also rediscovered Harriet Ziefert's A Coat for Anna. Just a wonderful story about finding ways to fund those essentials in a tough economy.

Now I'm all excited about next years challenge. I think I'll do T, U, V..... Unless I can't wait and do them this summer. Having a key to the building is a such wonderful thing! Sometimes......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...