Image Map

Friday, April 5, 2013

Dear Diary....

Doreen Cronin has become one of my favorite picture book authors. I just love her "Diary" books. I read Diary of a Worm and Diary of a Spider to my second graders this week. They loved them! I knew they would.

Ms. Cronin's works inspired my class to create their own "diaries". They had to compile two stories because they couldn't agree on one critter for the class project. No problem - two books are better than one!  The Diary of a Snake and The Diary of a Dog were finally finished today during library time. It took a couple library sessions, but I think they turned out great. I created  cover sheets and bound them for their classroom. My students love making books for their classroom libraries.


 


Other diary favorites of mine or my students are as follows:

Diary of a Wimpy Kid books by Jeff Kinney
The Dear America series various Scholastic authors
My America series various Scholastic authors
Love that Dog by Sharon Creech
Dork Diaries by Rachel Russell


Other great books that can be used to teach dialogue are
With Love, Little Red Hen by Alma Flor Ada
Dear Mr. Blueberry by Simon James
Amelia's Notebook by Marissa Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...