Image Map

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

School Library Month Shelf Challenge 2013 - Part Four

Ok. I admit it. I forgot to post my blog this weekend. This is really from Saturday.

Oh, what one can accomplish after a good nights sleep! I'm trying real hard to finish my challenge this weekend. We'll see. I don't like to work on Sunday, but is reading considered work? I love being in the library. This morning I found or rediscovered the following:

I love Audrey Wood stories. When I find a title I don't have, I try to purchase it. I read/found Bright and Early Thursday Evening. I forgot I had this one. Ok I admit. It wasn't my favorite. I like King Bidgood's story so much better. I also had A Dog Needs a Bone! Loved it! It had cute rhymes and Mrs. Wood's excellent illustrations. I found I had a copy of Elbert's Bad Word. It's a keeper!


 I came across a good immigration story, The Memory Coat by Elvira Woodruff. It's about a Jewish family who leaves Russia to come to America. Great historic fiction. Beautifully done!


I have several of Jacqeuline Woodson's books. I loved Our Gracie Aunt. Sometime we have students in our classes who do have to go live with another family member for various reasons. Sweet story. Wonderful illustrations.


Freedom Summer by Deborah Wiles is a must! Very powerful story about segregation in the South in 1960's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...