Image Map

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Favorite Read Alouds for Halloween/Fall

There are a few stories I read every year during the Halloween season. It just doesn't feel like October without reading my favorites. I have several Halloween books, but these are the most read and request during this season.

 
The Halloween House by Erica Silverman and Jon Agee
Pumpkin Eye by Denise Fleming
Trick or Treat Smell My Feet by Diane deGroat
The Biggest Pumpkin Every by Steven Kroll
Froggy's Halloween by Jonathan London
The Hallo-wiener by Dav Pilkey
The Bumpy Little Pumpkin by Margery Cuyler

 
I do have some students who don't celebrate Halloween. For those classes I read seasonal stories like the following.

 
The Big Leaf Pile or Clifford's Autumn by Norman Birdwell
Every Autumn Comes the Bear by Jim Arnosky
Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
Leaf Trouble by Jonathan Emmett

I purchased these books this fall and love them.


Colors of Fall by Laura Purdie Salas
There Was and Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro
Leaves by David Ezra Stein
Creep Carrots! by Aaron Reynolds (Yes, I know this is not a Halloween book, but my kids who can't celebrate holidays love this one!)

Now to prepare my turkey and hibernation books for November!!!

Keep Reading! I will....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...