Image Map

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Happy Day, oh Happy Day....

Last Thursday our local Barnes and Noble had their educator's night. Most years I don't make it, but this year I HAD TO GO!!! Why? One of my wonderful, dear, sweet parents told me to go shop and spend up to $70 and they would write me a reimbursement check. I don't turn down free books. I did spend a couple dollars in gas driving to the big city, but I think it was worth it!

I picked up a few books that had been on my wish list. (Also got a few books read for my yearly reading goal!) It was really hard to narrow my stack down, but finally I purchased the following and wish-listed several more.

Purchased:

1)Otis and the Puppy by Loren Long



If you haven't seen the Otis stories, I highly recommend them. In Otis and the Puppy, farmer gets a new puppy which Otis befriends. Of course the puppy gets lost and Otis has to save the day or in this case the night! I also read Otis while I was there. An Otis Christmas was published on Tuesday. Can't wait to read that one too! The Otis stories reminded me about a book I read as a youngster. I think it was a Little Golden Book, but I can't remember the title. (A hazard of growing old...) It was a really sweet story about a tractor who wouldn't work until a bird taught her babies how to fly. I might have to look though all the books at my parents house and see if it's still there:)

2) Spider and the Fly by Mary Howitt, illustrated by Tony DiTerlizza


This one was to replace a copy that was damaged last spring. I really needed another copy for the library.

3)Spat Says Thank You! by Rob Scotton

 
Is there a bad Splat story?  So far not! Another great one.

4) How Big Could Your Pumpkin Grow? by Wendell Minor

 
Found this one with the seasonal books, but it's really cute. Great little picture book about fictional and real ginormous pumpkins.

5) Too Hot to Hug by Steve Smallman

 
This on was in the $2 bin. Cute story about a boy and his pet dragon.

6) Rabbit's Spring Adventure by Anita Loughrey


This one was also in the $2 stack. Will work well with my other spring stories.

Read and wish listed for future purchasing:



Little Red Writing by Joan Holub and Melissa Sweet
Picture Day Perfection by Deborah Diesen, illustrated by Dan Santat    
Pete the Cat and his Magic Sunglasses by James Dean and Eric Litwin
Pete the Cat Rockin School Shoes by James Dean and Eric Litwin
Frankenstein by Rick Walton, illustrated by Nathan Hale
Mr. Wuffles! by David Wiesner
Snatchabook by Helen Docherty and David Docherty
Journey by Aaron Becker
Big Snow by Jonathan Bean
Ladybug Girl and the Big Snow by Jacky Davis and David Soman
Isabella Girl on the Go by Jennifer Fosberry and Mike Litwin

Several of my library/book buddies had blogged about Little Red Writing, Mr. Wuffles, and the Journey. They are every bit as wonderful as I had heard read.

It was a great day for READING!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...