Image Map

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Centers in the Library

I try to use centers or group activities when I can during my library lessons. I had to share my favorites from the last couple weeks.

I had to try this one! When I saw it from Across the Hall in 2nd Grade, I went straight to TPT and purchased it.  LOVE IT. It was great seeing my second and third graders finding/inferring Halloween characters around the library. (We were having so much fun I forgot to take pictures!)



I found the coolest idea at I Want to Be a Super Teacher. I had to try this one with my first graders click on her picture for her post. It's so worth it. 



She had the cutest writing/predicting idea. The students have to guess what their teacher will dress up as on Halloween.  My students thought I would be some interesting characters:


I evidently wear way too much black!!!


My curly hair looks monstrous? LOL


This student really liked  the book "Library Dragon".


A book because I have a ton of books. Awww How sweet!!!


I'm funny. 


A scarecrow because I like to scare people on Halloween! (only 8th graders!)


A book! Wonder if I could.....
 
I thought my 1st and 2nd graders did an excellent job.  In reality I didn't dress up. With the crazy weather, we lost power last night. Ended up just playing on the laptop till the battery went dead. Its ok, my teenagers don't trick or treat. After basketball practice and homework, they're tuckered out! I rarely have more than 2 kids visit. My really long and narrow driveway looks scary.... Have a great rest of the week.

Happy Halloween! Keep Reading...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...