Image Map

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Roosters in the Library!

Today was the second week of my summer reading program. This week the theme was "Country Time". The stories were all about life on a farm. I started off with Cock-a-doodle-doo. Creak. Pop-pop. Moo  by Jim Aylesworth, illustrated by Brad Sneed. It's such a cute story about a family's day on the farm. This one is full of sounds for the Kinders to repeat for me. (Onomatopoeia those of us who love big words!)
 
 
We also read Chicks & Chickens by Gail Gibbons. I just love her books. This was a great little non-fiction book.  It tied into the craft activity. I had everyone create a rooster. (I got the idea from Pinterest.) Even the grand-daddies had fun.
 
The last book for the day was Thunder-Boom! by Shutta Crum, illustrated by Carol Thompson. We've had so many thunderstorms lately this one was perfect. I highly recommend getting this one if you don't have it.


The farm books we didn't get to, but I love: 
Barn Dance by Bill Martin
Night in the Country by Cynthia Rylant
Duck, Duck, Goose by Tad Hills

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...