Image Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pigeon in the Library!

This week for story time I read "Silly Stories".  Is there any sillier than Pigeon? Well, maybe but I LOVE the Pigeon books. Mo Willems is such a talented author and illustrator!  I read Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! so we HAD to make pigeon hats. I saw the idea on Pinterest. My kiddies loved them. A couple sweet things posed for this cute picture.


 

I thought they turned out really adorable.

We also read The Outside Inn by George Ella Lyons, illustrated by Vera Rosenberry.  If you haven't read this one, it scores high on the cuteness scale (full of alliteration and rhyme).  Sample text “What's for snack? Slugs in a sack." Would be great to use with an animal unit, food chains....




We READ Where's Walrus? by Stephen Savage. If you call reading a wordless picture book reading... My preschoolers had a great time finding Walrus in the pictures while the K-2 graders did a little inferencing! I'm so glad I purchased this one last spring.




Next week I'm going to read some of the new books that arrived about the time school got out. Scaredy Squirrel is in the stack. Hmmmm, what to do with Scaredy? Should be fun!

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pigeon hats! I must make these for kindergarten this year! Thanks for the adorable pic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...