Image Map

Thursday, November 7, 2013

I Love "Leaf Man"!

Fall is my favorite season. Beautiful colors, great weather, football..... In the library I love to read fall/autumn stories. One of my favorites is Fall Man by Lois Ehlert.



A few weeks ago I read a cute post from Teach Them To Fly. It was all about creating leaf men like Lois Ehlert's book. It was one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments for me. There are plenty of trees/leaves around my school or my house. I finally got around to reading Leaf Man with my Kindergarten students. They had a blast creating their own leaf men or women.

 



 

 

I had them drying on one of the middle shelves when my first grade class entered the library. Well of course they wanted to create a leaf man or leaf woman. Naturally I had to make the activity a little more challenging. (I was running low on leaves...) First graders were only allowed to pick one leaf, but they could create whatever they wanted. Our leaf critters turned out really cute.


I loved the rat in the rattlesnake's belly!

 
Lovely "hungry" alligator.





It was very hard to pick my favorites to post!

Keep Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...