Image Map

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pet's in the Library?

No, the kids didn't bring their pets today. We just read about pets. Today we read:
If I had a Gorilla by Mercer Mayer.

I just love Mercer Mayer. He also has a great website in case you need a funny moment or two. (Comes in handy if you happen to get a nasty cough and have trouble with the read alouds!)

I Wanna Iguana by Karen Kaufman Orfoff, illustrated by David Catrow



This is an adorable tale of Alex and his mother debating the issue of a pet iguana.

Had to read Hi! Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold. Doesn't everyone have a pet fly?



Other great pet stories are:
The Berenstain Bears' Trouble With Pets by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Dino Pets by Lynn Plourde
Daniel's Pet by Alma Flor Ada, illustrated by Brian Karas
Pinky and Rex and the Just Right Pet by James Howe, illustrated by Melissa Sweet
Author's Pet Business by Marc Brown
The Perfect Pet by Margie Palatini, illustrated by Bruce Whatley
Pet Show! by Ezra Jack Keats
Henry and Mudge books by Cynthia Rylant


Today the kids took home an animal mask. I found these kits at Oriental Trading.  (The kits I picked up last year are a little different than what is currently instock.)
I'm going home to read. What else can I do in the rain?

Keep Reading!  I will...


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so I could find yours. It's exciting to find a librarian's blog! And I've never heard of the Mercer Mayer book (he's one of my favorite authors!) so I've pinned it. I'm glad to be your newest follower and I look forward to checking out more of your blog.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...