Image Map

Monday, August 11, 2014

#IMWAYR August 11th

Like most teachers in East Tennessee, I'm back to school full time. My reading time has decreased over the last week, but I managed to finish a few. This list includes what I've read for the last two weeks. I didn't get my post written last week. Check out other reads with Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Rickie & Kellie at Unleashing Readers to see what others have read for It's Monday! - What are You Reading?
This past week I started reading The Chronicles of Prydain by Alexander Lloyd. I finished The Book of Three, The Black Cauldron, and The Castle of Llyr. I'm almost finished with Taran Wanderer. (Should finish it tonight.) Hopefully I'll finish the series off with The High King later in the week.



I will admit I had not read them. Really until Harry Potter, fantasy had been a hit or miss with me. I'm such a mystery girl! Fantasy books are started to grow on me. I felt my literacy knowledge was lacking without reading a little Lloyd. I can't recommend books to my students if I haven't' read them.

Also finished reading the Dreamhouse Kings by Robert Liparulo. I had read Book 2 and Book 3 earlier. Book One stayed checked out.

My older students love these. They're just creepy enough to be perfect for my upper middle grade students. In case you haven't heard of this series, the King family moves from LA to an old house in a small town. Things quickly become horrifying when mom is snatched by a time traveler. Come to find out, Dad lived in the same house when he was a small boy. The Kings must save the future by fixing the past. This one is full of historical tidbits. There are elements of horror that will keep the older students on the edge to their seats.

Can't wait to see what makes it to my stack this week.

Keep Reading!



3 comments:

  1. Have you seen the old movie of Black Cauldron?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Sara. I loved the Lloyd Alexander series - I devoured the entire set and have my own personal copies of the books. I am hoping that a movie adaptation will be done in the future. I am not familiar with the Dreamhouse Kings series, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even after 50 years, the Alexander circulates well. Sometimes I recommend it as "Lord of the Rings LITE"! I feel like I should whip up some decorations for my library after reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...