Image Map

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Great Nonfiction Picture Books - June 4th

Unless it's history I don't like to read a lot of nonfiction. Therefore the nonfiction picture book challenge is perfect for me.
http://www.kidlitfrenzy.com/2014/06/nonfiction-picture-book-wednesday-june.html
 
What If You Had Animal Teeth!? by Sandra Markle illustrated by Howard McWilliam


LOVED IT!  On the left layout Ms. Markle states facts about an animal's front teeth. The right layout is a great page of what if  you had those teeth. The combination of photos and illustrations is perfect. The last few pages are devoted to information and care of human teeth.


I highly recommend this one to any lower grade teacher or elementary library. I'm sure this one will be a hit with my elementary students. (Accelerated Reading level of 4.9)

Keep Reading!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this book and its counterpart - Animal Hair! Both have been big hits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra Markle writes great nonfiction books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about nonfiction titles - I still gravitate naturally towards biographies. Thank you for sharing these new-to-me titles though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...