Image Map

Friday, March 7, 2014

Book Character Day- Celebrating Reading

We missed our Read Across America Day Monday because of ice. We simply called the kids and moved all the fun to Friday. I'm glad we did. It was a little crazy at school today. What a way to end Dr. Seuss week! Our students and teachers dressed as their favorite book character. I was going to play it save and dress as Cat in the Hat, but no, I got a little crazy! Meet my version of Pinkalicious.
(You have to understand. This is totally out of character for me. I'm really a conservative dresser, lots of black and brown. The looks on the kid's faces, PRICELESS!)


Pinkalicious, Cat in the Hat, Fox in Socks, Thing 1 and Thing 2, Cat in the Hat, Truffala Tree, and The Grouch Ladybug, Clifford and Cindy Lou Who all appeared at my little school. Too fun! 


The teachers are so cute in their outfits. Our principal even wore his Dr. Seuss hat. Several of the students dressed up in cute costumes. 



Lots of cute characters at school today. Did your school get to celebrate Read Across America Day with a book character day? Hey, whatever it takes to inspire reading!!! I'm linking up with Primary Chalkboard for their Dr. Seuss week.




Happy Reading!


4 comments:

  1. Your Pinkalicious costume is adorable! It looks like your school had a lot of fun. We will be dressing up on Tuesday, so that's sure to be a wild day!!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. We have our Read Across America Day Monday due to inclement weather issues (rescheduled twice.) My post may be up Monday, but most likely Tuesday. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Made me start exercising again. I'm getting too fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make a FABULOUS Pinkalicious! It makes it even more authentic because it was out of character for you! Kids LOVE when the adults in their lives are having fun too! Good for you!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...