Image Map

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Monday Made It - My Snow Edition

I love Monday Made It. It's a great place to get some wonderful ideas for my school or the library.
This month is my snowy edition. Link up with Tara at  4th Grade Frolics for more creative ideas!


In East Tennessee we don't get a huge amount of snow, so if we get an inch of the fluffy stuff it's a SNOW DAY. In hopes of a few snow days for January and February. I switched the main bulletin board to a snowy theme. (I meant to post pictures yesterday but the snow covered road in front of my house kept this book lady indoors.)

Of course I got the theme "its snow secret" from Pinterest, but I had to put my own little spin on it. Made some 3 D snow flakes (idea from Pinterest). The site included a link to  these simple instructions. They were really easy to make.  I sprayed mine with silver glitter to make them a little sparkly. If I had thought in time, I would have picked up some really cute scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby. What I had at home or school just wasn't right for my snow board.

I made the snowman out of  deco mesh.  He's not perfect but he'll do. I was too cheap to buy the wreath forms. It probably would have helped keep his shape a little better. I just stapled the mesh to the bulletin board.

The part of the board the kids are going crazy over is the little snow people. Every snow person is a cartoon version of a staff member at school. I have everyone but the bus drivers.... Just didn't get their pictures taken in time or they would have been included.

How did I make my snow people? I'll demonstrate with my photo. Had to be fair and include myself on the board. Took my photo and uploaded to http://cartoonize.net/. With this website you can have a little fun with photos. I cropped my image and focused on the face.



After I cropped the image, I used effect 13. It gave me the look I was going for. I printed it on my black lazer and cut out my head. Then I created little hats and scarfs for each faculty and staff member. In most cases they are wearing their favorite color or something that represents their personality. It was tons of fun to create! I don't get to play with paper dolls very often. I'm usually watching or playing with my boys. (It's all about basketball or baseball at my house. Sometimes they let me play kickball....)




Enjoy your snow day. I should get to go back to school tomorrow.  I just got the phone call no school tomorrow. Good thing I went by the library for more books! Don't forget to check in with 4th Grade Frolics and see what everyone else has been creating.

Keep Reading!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was nice to find a new blog to follow! So I'm your newest follower. Your blog is very cute! So you've had some snow or cold days in Tennessee too? Tomorrow will be our third day off in south west Michigan. Good luck on your blog, I'll check back in with you again.
    Patty
    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome bulletin board! We made those snowflakes just before christmas although it was more just for the fun of it because it's summer here! I love your snowman as well!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! And I keep seeing those 3D snowflakes and hearing they are easy, but they look way to complicated to try!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!!! You were the closest to guessing what happened in my picture. Email me at thirdgradetidbits@gmail.com and let me know which product you want from my store (www.teacherspayteachers.com/store/gina-s).
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits
    ps... I am a TN blogger too (for now anyways). Where in TN are you??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your snowman and snowflake display! It looks great and is so appropriate at least for us right now. It is snowing here today!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...