Image Map

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Book for the Middle School Students

I just finished the neatest book for the middle to upper grade students. I work with students in RTI groups to help out the middle school ELA classes. During RTI this nine weeks, we read the novel Girl, Stolen by April Henry. I used the edition published by Scholastic. I don't normally like to read realistic fiction, but this one was very engaging.  The kids were hooked. I actually got complaints if we were out for snow or had to cancel RTI for testing. Warning!!! It did have some language which I turned into a quick lesson on formal and informal language.  My 7th and 8th graders were spellbound! Yes, even the boys.


This is one I'll be adding to the school's library collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...